Annie Leibovitz is one of the most important American photographers. She was the first woman to present her work at the National Portrait Gallery in Washington. In this Trendy Fº, we decided to introduce some of her best productions.
1. John Lennon: Leibovitz was the last person to portray Lennon before he was assassinated in 1980. This is one of the most important images in history of music.
2. Angelina Jolie: The photographer has also worked with Hollywood celebrities and their families, as in the case of this image where Angelina poses with her son. At the time, this picture caused a revolt.
3. Karl Lagerfeld: One of the most important personalities of fashion is Lagerfeld, who, though rarely participate in photo shoots, was also captured by Annie Leibovitz in an irreverent situation.
4. Les Miserables: The photographer usually takes as reference popular stories or novels as a point of inspiration. This time, she took as an example Les Miserables.
5. Meryl Streep: This image also sounded a lot in the media. Taken for Rolling Stone magazine, shows the actress with her face painted in white, but still recognizable by the viewers.
6. Katy Perry: It is natural that the best pop singers try to be portrayed by this artist, who was considered by magazine American Photo as the most influential photographer of our time. Here we see Katy Perry in an image that contextualizes her elegance.
7. George Clooney: Another of the photographs that caused commotion was this, in which Clooney is taken with many women around him, (for it was said that the actor was a womanizer). The portrait was a mockery, element often used by Leibovitz to create controversy.
8. The most important women: Since 1977, images of the artist are represented by photojournalism agency Contact Press Images, so she has had the opportunity to work with the most important women in Hollywood.
9. Productions: The major productions of the artist also led her to fame. Note that in some of them, she plays with the images to take us to magical worlds.
10. Mythology: Even mythology has been used in the portraits of Annie, who finds inspiration in literature.
Source and images: World Photography Organization