FAHRENHEITº recommends Eurojazz Festival 2013 at Centro Nacional de las Artes
• Music Festival
The Eurojazz Festival at CENART has become the leading forum in Mexico City for presenting the most innovative and consolidated proposals from the European jazz scene. Over 16 emissions, more than 150 jazz bands, coming from different countries of Europe, has reunited in the same stage throughout the festival’s history in order to create intimate encounters with the Mexican audience. The 2013 edition involve 10 bands from the Netherlands, Poland, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Ireland, Spain and France, as part of a program characterized by the diversity in the music styles. If you like jazz music and enjoy the outdoors concerts, do not miss the concerts organized by the festival from Friday to Sunday during March.
Concerts schedule (Friday 15 to Saturday 23 )
– Michael Schiefel (Germany) – Friday 15: The singer experiments with loops and electronic tools that become his performances into uniqueness shows.
– MusicMusicMusic (Sweden) – Saturday 16: They are one of the most renowned trio in the Swedish scene. Their music is fresh, irreverent and full of good humor.
– The Matthew Halpin Trio (Ireland) – Sunday 17: The trio of saxophonist Matt Halpin is also conformed by drummer and composer Matthew Jacobson, one of the most extraordinary young talents in Ireland -according to the press in his country-, and Jared Handerson on the bass.
– Abe Rábade Trío (Spain) – Friday 22: The trio of the multi-prize pianist is characterize by it rhythmic and harmonic exploration.
– Stéphane Tsapis / Onda Road (France) – saturday 23: France works together with Mexican artists through the union of the pianist Stéphan Tsapis pianist with the the multicultural collective Onda Road, whose members are always looking for new beats and funny sounds.
Images and source, courtesy of the institution for promotion purposes only
Green areas from the Centro Nacional de las Artes
Río Churubusco #79, Calzada de Tlalpan, Col. Country Club
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 17:00 hrs.