Co-designed by architect and artist Colin Fournier Marysia Lewandowska, the “Centipede Cinema” was commissioned in 2012 by the European Capital of Culture Guimarães as a public intervention to the Portuguese city. It projected a collection of 20 short films made in this country. The inspiration for this project comes from the Film Club Guimarães (GCC), founded in 1953 during the authoritarian regime in Portugal and is influenced by the local environment of the area. The alien-like structure creates a great contrast with the historic architecture of Guimarães. It has a metal structure and is covered with flexible regional cork to promote the material.